TERMS & CONDITIONS
These terms and conditions (the “Rules”) constitute the agreement between each Entrant (as defined below) and Pro Series Gaming –PSG (the “Promoter”) in relation to the Mortal Kombat XL Tournament.
There are two stages to the Tournament: the Qualifiers and the “Grand Finale”. The winner, runner-up and 2nd runner up of the tournament will receive a “National Prize” and “Runners-Up Prize”. There after 4th and 5th place will share a prize and finally 6th, 7th and 8th place will also share a prize. There will also be ‘Fan-zone Challenge’ prizes to be won.
- Entry details
The MKXL Tournament is a competition to determine the most skilful Mortal Kombat XL videogame players. Entrants (as defined below) will compete against each other in a series of game matches. The Tournament is open to those who are aged eighteen (18) years and over only.
- By registering for the tournament you agree to these Rules, you agree to be bound by them. This tournament is limited to one entry per person.
- To enter the Tournament, you must pre-register online on psg.co.ke before the 20th of March 2018, at midnight. Registration of entrants will occur on a first come first served basis
- National Tournament
- The National Tournament is open to the whole of Africa. The Rules and Appendix A (the “Etiquette Guide”) apply to Entrants in the National Tournament. The Etiquette Guide is incorporated into the Rules and is provided for the purposes of providing guidance on player conduct.
- Entrants who reach the National Tournament will be drawn against one another by the Promoter in the Promoter’s sole discretion in accordance with the “Etiquette Guide” until only one Entrant remains. Such remaining Entrant shall be the National Winner.
- The National Prize awarded to the National Winner runner-up and 2nd runner up shall be:
- The MKXL Cup Championship Belt as well as the sum of Ksh.500, 000 in cash to be given via bank transfer.
- The prize for the National runner-up shall be:
- A cash prize of Ksh.200,000 to be given via bank transfer
- The prize for the second runner-up shall be:
- A cash prize of Ksh.100, 000 to be given via bank transfer.
- The prize for 4th and 5th place shall be:
- A cash prize of KSh.50, 000 to be given via bank transfer.
- The prize for 6th, 7th and 8th place shall be:
- A cash prize of KSh.20, 000 to be given via bank transfer.
- The prize for the ‘Fan-zone Challenge’ shall be:
- A total cash prize of KSh.40, 000 to be given via bank transfer to various fans selected.
- Please note that the PSG Mortal Kombat XL will be organized by Naiccon, Prestige Plaza, NRG Radio, Film Studios, and Powered by MoSound Events. Each Finalist from the Qualifiers may be required to sign a separate set of written terms and conditions in order to compete in the Finals. Whilst entrants are not obliged to sign such terms and conditions, failure to do so will prevent the Finalist participation in the PSG MKXL Finals.
The Final Prize (each a “Prize”) are subject to availability and can be withdrawn or varied without notice. Prizes are as stated and are non-transferable. No cash alternatives are available where a cash prize is not otherwise provided.
Entrants are solely responsible for compliance with any applicable local travel laws and immigration requirements including any relevant passport and visa requirements in order to travel to compete in the PSG Mortal Kombat XL Tournament.
The Promoter reserves the right to disqualify, in its sole discretion, any Entrant who breaches these Rules or is guilty of cheating, inappropriate behaviour or any other misconduct.
The National Winner (a “Winner” will be notified that they have won either on the day of such Tournament event in person at the applicable venue or within fourteen (14) days by email (the “Notification”). The Promoter will make the Winner aware of any reasonable arrangements for the redemption of the Prizes. In the event that a Winner does not accept a Prize within two (2) days of the Notification, the Winner will forfeit their rights to the Prize.
- The Promoter reserves the right to make reasonable alternative arrangements, including but not limited to selecting another Entrant to participate in the Tournament and/or awarding a Prize, or part of a Prize to a runner up, in the event that:
- A Winner does not accept a Prize within the prescribed time;
- An Entrant is disqualified in accordance with paragraph 10; or
iii. An Entrant is unable to compete in the Tournament, the Qualifiers or the Grand finale.
If an Entrant is unable to participate in the Tournament for a reason outside of that Entrant’s control, the Promoter reserves the right to reallocate the Prize to another Entrant.
- Nothing in these Rules shall limit our liability for death or personal injury caused by our negligence, or for fraud, fraudulent misstatement or fraudulent misrepresentation. We will not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you suffer as a result of your use of services or goods which was not (i) foreseeable by you and us at the time you accepted these Rules; and (ii) caused by a breach of these Rules. We are not responsible for indirect losses or damages which occur as a side effect of the main loss or damage and which are not foreseeable by you (such as loss of opportunity).We will also not be liable to you for any loss or damage which you suffer in respect of which there is no breach of a legal duty of care owed by us to you, or where the loss or damage results from breach by you of these Rules.
- The Promoter may want to film, photograph or otherwise record Entrants at any stage of the Tournament and by any means. Entrants shall be deemed to give the Promoter, and its associated companies, licenses and assign permission to undertake such recording and to:
(i) Edit, alter, reproduce, publish and distribute any such photographs, recordings and films or anything derived from them (the “Material”) in any medium; and
(ii) Use the Material, in whole or in part, for any purposes it deems necessary to promote, advertise or exploit the products of the Promoter and/or its associated companies, licenses and assign, and anything connected with or derived from them in perpetuity and throughout the universe.
Entrants also agree to irrevocably waive any moral rights or droit moral that they may have in the Material and to release the Promoter and its associated companies, licensees and assigns from any claims for payment or other consideration whatsoever in connection with their use of the Material.
- In the event of unforeseen circumstances beyond the control of the Promoter which means that the Tournament, or any part of the Tournament, is not capable of running as planned, the Promoter reserves the right to substitute or amend any or all parts of the Tournament. In this event, such a change will be published and any necessary amendments to these Terms and Conditions will be made.
- If any court of competent authority decides that any of the provisions of these Rules are invalid, unlawful or unenforceable to any extent, the Rule will, to that extent only, be severed from the remaining Rules, which will continue to be valid.
- These Rules, the conduct of the Tournament and the interpretation and enforcement of these Rules will be exclusively governed and construed in accordance with the laws of Kenya and be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the Republic of Kenya.
14.The Tournament is not open to employees or contractors of the Promoter, Promoter’s agents, including each of their affiliates, subsidiaries, divisions, or any person directly or indirectly involved in the organization or running of the Competition or their direct family members.
- If you have any queries about the manner in which the Tournament is administered, how your data is used by the Promoter and/or should you require us to remove your email address from our systems, please contact: email@example.com