The Finals of the Mortal Kombat XL will award eight prizes:
- First prize winner will win the MKXL Championship, the sum of KSh.500, 000 in cash.
- Second prize winner will win the sum of Ksh.200, 000 in cash.
- Third Prize winner will win the sum of Ksh.100, 000 in cash.
- Fourth and fifth prize winners will win the sum of KSh. 50, 000 each in cash.
- Sixth, seventh and eighth prize winners will win the sum of KSh. 20,000 each in cash.
- Fans will also receive a total prize of KSh. 40, 000 for exemplary displays in gaming throughout the day and challenging the best of the best.
All cash-prize winners need to have valid bank accounts with ability to receive the prize via bank transfer, for legal and auditing records.
Players participating in this tournament need to be strictly 18 years old of age or above, holding a valid passport or National ID (with more than 6 month before expiration), and are residents or nationals of any African Country.
Valid passport is mandatory, to be able to fly to Kenya for the PSG Mortal Kombat XL Tournament.
Denial for a visa to Kenya is not the responsibility of the Pro Series Gaming, each of their respective partners(if applicable), subsidiaries, affiliates, employees, officers, directors, advertising and promotion agencies, including each of the foregoing identified entities’ respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates.
The tournament is of a Double Elimination bracket until the finals (unless stated otherwise)
By entering any event you make a commitment to play fairly and in accordance with the rules. All players are asked to behave humanely towards other competitors and members of the Tournament administration team. Please read the following general guidance on fair play and the tournament format.
- Insults during a match or at any stage in the Tournament may lead to disqualification
- The following severe incidents may also lead to disqualification: extremist statements, threats of violence, sexual harassment, stalking, severe insults and displaying pornographic or offensive material
- Excessive annoying or offensive contributions within the Tournament is considered as spamming. Spamming can lead to your disqualification
- All forms of cheating in the Tournament is forbidden and may lead to disqualification
Games and Matches
- Each game consists of best of 3 in-game rounds, on versus mode. On average a game will last for 3 minutes.
- Each match consists of 3 games. On average a match will last for 15 minutes.
- Each match will begin by one player picking a character and a character variation
- The first player to pick should be decided randomly using an appropriate method by the Tournament organizer
- After the first player has picked and the second player has begun character and variation pick, the first player may not change selection
- Any map maybe selected by each player. If each player picks different maps, the game will choose a map at random automatically
- Subsequently, the winner of the previous game in a match will pick first.
- From the second match round, the players that picked first in the previous round should pick second where possible
- After each game in a match, the players must return to character select
Double Elimination – Best of 16
The Final 16 Tournament will be run as a Double Elimination system which will work as follows (unless stated otherwise):
- Players will be matched against opponents randomly or in special cases (such as a pre-existing leaderboards or online qualifiers) the Tournament may be seeded differently.
- Players will progress through their games, with winners remaining in the Upper Bracket and losers falling to the Lower Bracket. Once you lose a game in the Lower Bracket you are eliminated from the tournament.
- The Grand Final will take place between the winner of the Upper Bracket Final, and the winner of the Lower Bracket final (also sometimes referred to as a Consolation Final). The person qualifying from the Upper Bracket will need to win just one Best of 3 to win. The person qualifying from the Lower Bracket will need to win two consecutive Best of 3’s to be crowned champion.
- The game does not allow tie breakers and will automatically time out after 90 seconds and the winner will be determined by who has the most heath remaining.
Each player has the ability to the pause the game to check control move commands. This is allowed but not excessively at the discretion of the Tournament organizer. Excessive pausing may lead to loss of game or no score.
Filming and other terms and conditions:
- We may revise these terms and conditions from time to time. Last update has been made on 1st of March 2018.
- Any personal data relating to the entrants will be used in accordance with the data protection laws and regulations and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrants’ prior consent.
- During each event, pictures and videos might be captured. By joining the tournament, you are agreeing to the terms and conditions, and also agreeing that PLG and its partners will have permission to use any footage taken in the event for private or public reasons.